Several years ago, a girlfriend attended a party of another friend turning the age of 60. She had everything she needed and didn’t want gifts, so we continued to ponder what fun thing we could give her that would be unique. We came up with “60 pieces of advice”. Over the years, we continue to add more.
Here are 15 pieces of advice that was given to our birthday friend. Think about yourself as you read these. They are in random order.
- Sit up straight.
- Take risks.
- Be creative.
- Buy a 4-cylinder automobile or maybe even a hybrid.
- Listen to your instinct.
- Carry SHOUT cleaning wipes with you. TIDE would work too, but it’s not as fun to capitalize.
- List the top three events of each day.
- Continue watching for miracles.
- Don’t be so afraid of losing your Frisbee that you never throw it.
- Remember flowers and pricker bushes grow out of the same bush.
- Housework is more fun if you pretend you are Cinderella.
- Happiness is an inside job.
- In prosperity, your friends know you, in adversity, you know your friends.
- A ten-dollar bill doesn’t do much good if the machine only takes quarters.
- Crawling still gets you there.
Regardless of anyone’s age (including yours) what advice would you give another? Can you think of top 10 pieces of advice you would give? If so, email Shirley at email@example.com or text her at 217-433-6209 with your 10 pieces of advice.